Licence to Use Website/Copyright Policy
Material on this site is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The User may view pages from our website in a web browser, however, downloading and usage of the material in any manner whether partial or full is strictly prohibited without written prior permission of CCIC. Application for obtaining permission should be made by email to the competent authority of CCIC.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
• republish material from our website including republication on another website;
• show any material from our website in public;
• exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
• Re-distribute material from our website.
We reserve the right to restrict, in whole or in part, access to areas of our website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
Links to external websites/portals
At many places in this website, you shall find links to other websites/portals. These links have been placed for your convenience. Central Cottage Industries Emporium is not responsible in any manner for the contents and reliability of the linked websites and does not endorse the views expressed in them. Mere presence of the link or its listing on this website should not be assumed as endorsement of any kind. CCIC cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and CCIC has no control over availability of linked pages.
Links to our website by other websites
Prior permission is required before hyperlinks are directed from any website to CCIC website. Permission for the same, stating the nature of the content on the pages from where the link has to be given and the exact language of the Hyperlink should be obtained by sending a request on email to the competent authority of CCIC. Also, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your website. The pages belonging to this website must load into a newly opened browser window of the User.
You must not:
• use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
• use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
• use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, or other malicious computer software;
• Use material collected from our website for any direct marketing activity including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing.
• You must not use material collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
The contents of the website is subject to change, updation, revision, verification and amendment with or without notice and such information may change materially and we may even suspend access to the website. The Organization may cease supplying, or may alter a particular product or service at any time.
Law and Jurisdiction
This disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian Laws.
Any dispute relating to this disclaimer shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Delhi.
This policy covers how www.cottageemporium.in treats personal information that www.cottageemporium.in collects and receives. www.cottageemporium.in is protecting the privacy of internet users. This statement discloses the privacy practices for www.cottageemporium.in
Information we collect
www.cottageemporium.in collects personal information when you register with www.cottageemporium.in. When you use www.cottageemporium.in products or services or when you visit www.cottageemporium.in pages or otherwise, the information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, email address, phone number, birth date, gender, zip /pin code, etc., and other such information about you which is not otherwise publicly available. Besides, www.cottageemporium.in automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, the page you request, etc. which you can edit your Account Information on www.cottageemporium.in at any time.
Types of Data Collected and Tracked
The information Collected by Central Cottage Industries Corporation of India Limited can be categories into two main segments:- Information voluntarily provided by visitors and viewers to our website through registration that are mandatory, Tracking Information gathered as visitors navigate through our site.
Use of information collected:
www.cottageemporium.in uses the above information for the following general purposes: to customize the content you see on the site or through personal emails, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, or send emails containing advertisements and newsletters suo-motu.
Sharing of information:
www.cottageemporium.in does not provide any personal information to any advertiser when you view a targeted advertisement either on the site or in your email inbox. www.cottageemporium.in does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you to any third parties, except when specifically informed to you at the time of collection of the information and / or to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
We respond to court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online, in ways or for reasons unrelated to the ones described above.
Change in Policy
When you place an order on line, your credit card information are stored only on payment gateway's server which is VeriSign certified. Kindly keep a copy of your proof of identity, address and credit card at the time of delivery for verification.
1. Request for return/ replacement/ refund in respect of the products shall be entertained within 7 days from the date of delivery of the product depending upon the nature of the product ordered.
2. Any request for return/ replacement/ refund of the products by the customer shall contain specific details about the order reference, Cash Memo/Invoice Number, Date, Price tag (label) etc.
3. No request for return/ replacement./ refund shall be entertained by CCIC unless the reason for seeking return/replacement/refund is specified by the customer and CCIC is satisfied with the reason specified therein.
4. The Customer shall ensure that, in case of products, which are to be assembled/ fabricated using a number of parts/ modules, all parts/modules purchased from CCIC, are returned in unassembled condition to CCIC. If even a single part/ module purchased from CCIC is missing therefrom, request for replacement / refund shall not be entertained.
5. Any request for refund of the price in respect of any products returned by the customer shall be entertained by CCIC only in the following events: the products are defective;
6. Any refund of the price paid for the product(s) shall be made by CCIC upon having received the returned products and after having deducted the following charges there from:
i. Packing, Forwarding and Shipment charges, and Gift wrapping charges (as applicable).
7. The amount to be refunded in respect of any product shall be determined having regard to the condition of the returned product.
8. Refund will be notified to the customer through e-mail once returned product is received and the request for refund is processed.
9. Refund to the customer shall be made through same channel/ mode in which the payment was made to CCIC at the time of purchase.
10. The customer shall receive the refund within 7 to 14 days after receipt of the returned products by CCIC.
11. Extra shipping charges shall be payable for delivery of replaced products, unless the reasons for replacement are attributable to CCIC.
12. In case of replacement of goods also the logistic partners of CCIC shall attempt delivery of the replaced products thrice at the address designated by the customer. In case the products are valuables like jewellery, value art objects or products of fragile or delicate nature, the delivery of products at the time of replacement shall be attempted only once.
13. No request for return/ replacement/ refund in respect of the products shall be entertained by CCIC after 7 days of delivery of the products. If the delivery is not executed in three attempts, the price charged from the customer in respect of the products shall be forfeited by CCIC, irrespective of whether the products are ultimately delivered to the customer or not.
Terms & Conditions
The Terms and Conditions contained herein shall apply to any person (“User”) using the services of CCIC of India Ltd. for making online shopping payments through an online payment gateway service (“Service”) offered jointly by ICICI Bank Ltd. and Payment Gateway Service provider, through CCIC of India Ltd.'s website i.e. shoponline.cottageemporium.in Each User is therefore deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
Please be aware, however, that CCIC of India Ltd. will release specific personal information about the User if required to do so in the following circumstances:
a) in order to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, statute, or court order, or
b) if any of User’s actions on CCIC of India Ltd.’s website violate the Terms of Service or any of CCIC of India Ltd.’s guidelines for specific services, or
c) to protect or defend CCIC of India Ltd.’s legal rights or property, the CCIC of India Ltd. site, or CCIC of India Ltd. Users; or
d) to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the security, integrity of CCIC of India Ltd. website/offerings.
B. General Terms and Conditions For Online-Payments
1. Once a User has accepted these Terms and Conditions, he/ she may register and avail the Services. A User may either register on CCIC of India Ltd.’s website or in any other manner as may be specified by CCIC of India Ltd. from time to time.
2. CCIC of India Ltd.'s rights, obligations, undertakings shall be subject to the laws in force in India, as well as any directives/ procedures of Government of India, and nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be in derogation of CCIC of India Ltd.'s right to comply with any law enforcement agencies request or requirements relating to any User’s use of the website or information provided to or gathered by CCIC of India Ltd. with respect to such use. Each User accepts and agrees that the provision of details of his/ her use of the Website to regulators or police or to any other third party in order to resolve disputes or complaints which relate to the Website shall be at the absolute discretion of CCIC of India Ltd..
3. If any part of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth herein, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
4. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the User and CCIC of India Ltd.. These Terms and Conditions supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the User and CCIC of India Ltd.. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
5. The entries in the books of CCIC of India Ltd. and/or the Payment Service Providers kept in the ordinary course of business of CCIC of India Ltd. and/or the Payment Service Providers with regard to transactions covered under these Terms and Conditions and matters therein appearing shall be binding on the User and shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transaction.
6. Refund For Charge Back Transaction: In the event there is any claim for/ of charge back by the User for any reason whatsoever, such User shall immediately approach CCIC of India Ltd. with his/ her claim details and claim refund from CCIC of India Ltd.alone. Such refund (if any) shall be effected only by CCIC of India Ltd. via payment gateway or by means of a demand draft or such other means as CCIC of India Ltd. deems appropriate. No claims for refund/ charge back shall be made by any User to the Payment Service Provider(s) and in the event such claim is made it shall not be entertained.
7. In these Terms and Conditions, the term “Charge back” means approved and settled card (Debit or Credit) or net banking purchase transactions which are at any time refused, debited or charged back to Merchant account (shall also include similar debits to Payment Gateway Service Provider’s accounts, if any) by the Acquiring Bank for any reason whatsoever, together with the bank fees, penalties and other charges incidental thereto.
8. Refund for fraudulent/duplicate transaction(s): The User shall directly contact CCIC of India Ltd. for any fraudulent transaction(s) on account of misuse of Card/ Bank details by a fraudulent individual/party and such issues shall be suitably addressed by CCIC of India Ltd. alone in line with their policies and rules.
9. Server Slow Down/Session Timeout: In case the Website or Payment Service Provider’s webpage, that is linked to the Website, is experiencing any server related issues like ‘slow down’ or ‘failure’ or ‘session timeout’, the User shall, before initiating the second payment,, check whether his/her Bank Account has been debited or not and accordingly resort to one of the following options:
(I) In case the Bank Account appears to be debited, ensure that he/ she does not make the payment twice and immediately thereafter contact CCIC of India Ltd. via e-mail or any other mode of contact as provided by CCIC of India Ltd.to confirm payment.
(ii) In case the Bank Account is not debited, the User may initiate a fresh transaction to make payment.
However, the User agrees that under no circumstances the Payment Gateway Service Provider shall be held responsible for such fraudulent/duplicate transactions and hence no claims should be raised to Payment Gateway Service Provider No communication received by the Payment Service Provider(s) in this regards shall be entertained by the Payment Service Provider(s).
C. Limitation of Liability
1. CCIC of India Ltd. has made this Service available to the User as a matter of convenience. CCIC of India Ltd. expressly disclaims any claim or liability arising out of the provision of this Service. The User agrees and acknowledges that he/ she shall be solely responsible for his/ her conduct and that CCIC of India Ltd. reserves the right to terminate the rights to use of the Service immediately without giving any prior notice thereof.
2. CCIC of India Ltd. and/or the Payment Service Providers shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of (a) any data, information or message, or (b) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or (c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-performance or interruption in any such data, information or message. Under no circumstances shall the CCIC of India Ltd. and/or the Payment Service Providers, its employees, directors, and its third party agents involved in processing, delivering or managing the Services, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of the Services or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of the Services.
3. CCIC of India Ltd. and the Payment Service Provider(s) assume no liability whatsoever for any monetary or other damage suffered by the User on account of:
(I) the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Payment Gateway or Services in connection thereto; and/ or
(ii) any interruption or errors in the operation of the Payment Gateway.
4. The User shall indemnify and hold harmless the Payment Service Provider(s) and CCIC of India Ltd. and their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any claim or demand, or actions arising out of or in connection with the utilization of the Services.
5. The User agrees that CCIC of India Ltd. or any of its employees will not be held liable by the User for any loss or damages arising from your use of, or reliance upon the information contained on the Website, or any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond CCIC of India Ltd.’s reasonable control.
D. Miscellaneous Conditions :
1. Any waiver of any rights available to CCIC of India Ltd. under these Terms and Conditions shall not mean that those rights are automatically waived.
2. The User agrees, understands and confirms that his/ her personal data including without limitation details relating to debit card/ credit card transmitted over the Internet may be susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and/ or fraud and that CCIC of India Ltd. or the Payment Service Provider(s) have no control over such matters.
3. Although all reasonable care has been taken towards guarding against unauthorized use of any information transmitted by the User, CCIC of India Ltd. does not represent or guarantee that the use of the Services provided by/ through it will not result in theft and/or unauthorized use of data over the Internet.
4. CCIC of India Ltd. the Payment Service Provider(s) and its affiliates and associates shall not be liable, at any time, for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of information contained on the Website.
5. The User may be required to create his/ her own User ID and Password in order to register and/ or use the Services provided by CCIC of India Ltd. on the Website. By accepting these Terms and Conditions the User aggress that his/ her User ID and Password are very important pieces of information and it shall be the User’s own responsibility to keep them secure and confidential. In furtherance hereof, the User agrees to;
i. Choose a new password, whenever required for security reasons.
ii. Keep his/ her User ID & Password strictly confidential.
iii. Be responsible for any transactions made by User under such User ID and Password.
The User is hereby informed that CCIC of India Ltd. will never ask the User for the User’s password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. The User is hereby required to sign out of his/ her CCIC of India Ltd. account on the Website and close the web browser window when the transaction(s) have been completed. This is to ensure that others cannot access the User’s personal information and correspondence when the User happens to share a computer with someone else or is using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café.
E. Debit/Credit Card, Bank Account Details
1. The User agrees that the debit/credit card details provided by him/ her for use of the aforesaid Service(s) must be correct and accurate and that the User shall not use a debit/ credit card, that is not lawfully owned by him/ her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner thereof. The User further agrees and undertakes to provide correct and valid debit/credit card details.
2. The User may pay his/ her bills for bills for online shopping online shopping to CCIC of India Ltd.by using a debit/credit card or through online banking account. The User warrants, agrees and confirms that when he/ she initiates a payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/ her card / bank details:
i. The User is fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit / debit card, bank account for such transactions;
ii. The User is responsible to ensure that the card/ bank account details provided by him/ her are accurate;
iii. The User is authorizing debit of the nominated card/ bank account for the payment of bills for online shopping selected by such User along with the applicable Fees.
iv. The User is responsible to ensure sufficient credit is available on the nominated card/ bank account at the time of making the payment to permit the payment of the dues payable or the bill(s) selected by the User inclusive of the applicable Fee.
F. Personal Information
1. The User agrees that, to the extent required or permitted by law, CCIC of India Ltd. and/ or the Payment Service Provider(s) may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with security related or law enforcement investigations or in the course of cooperating with authorities or complying with legal requirements.
2. The User agrees that any communication sent by the User vide e-mail, shall imply release of information therein/ therewith to CCIC of India Ltd.. The User agrees to be contacted via e-mail on such mails initiated by him/ her.
4. The User acknowledges and agrees that his/ her information will be managed in accordance with the laws for the time in force.